Our home care rehabilitation nurses act as advocates for individuals as they transition from the hospital and into a home or skilled nursing facility.
Our nurses enact the plan of care that has been developed by the physician and rehabilitation team in order to ensure the most effective treatment. Each nurse is available as a clinical resource, a care coordinator, a primary care provider, a teacher, a consultant, and team member.
Our Skilled Nursing Services include:
- Advocating clients and their families or caregivers
- Providing a clinical care for those in need of rehabilitation and nursing
- Assessing the appropriateness of a client’s admission to, and the delivery of rehabilitation services in the home
- Providing assistance with discharge planning to ensure a smooth transition into the community
- Implementing rehabilitation nursing care based on scientific knowledge, home care standards, and rehabilitation principles
- Integrating the knowledge and skills of various rehabilitation disciplines into a comprehensive continuum of care
- Providing education and training for the client, family and caregivers on safe use of adaptive equipment
- Providing ongoing assessment of the client, the family, and other caregivers
- Coordinating access to accelerated care options, alternative care options, or both, when appropriate
- Supporting clients and their families with end of life decisions